Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Improptu delish! "Hippie skillet"

In the park when the boys were brand new.

My husband, Joel, is a pro in the kitchen.  He can go to the farmer's market, pick out a bunch of ingredients, improvise and create an awesome meal.  He is a great cook.  We call his creations "hippie food."  They always include lots of veggies and tofu or ground turkey diced up and stir fried with white rice and spices to delicious perfection.  And it's always different every time.

Tonight we got back from a play date on the late side and I needed to throw something together for the boys' dinner.  I was thinking "baby breakfast for dinner" of eggs and pancakes.  Easy.  As I was scrambling the eggs I thought of throwing in a few Dr. Praeger's Sweet Potato Littles and sprinkle shredded cheese on top and let it melt.  The whole scramble got warm and melty!  Joel enthusiastically named the meal "hippie skillet."  It did remind me of the breakfast skillets we used to order from our favorite breakfast place in San Diego, The Broken Yolk.  My favorite breakfast scrambles always include eggs, potato and cheese.  August and Jude ate it heartily!  I took a taste and, I must say, it was delish!

Hippie Skillet's maiden voyage!


I love the different Dr. Praeger's "littles."  Besides sweet potato, they sell spinach and broccoli littles.  Those were literally the only green veggies Jules would eat.  They are packaged in cute shapes like stars and dinosaurs.  They make great finger foods too.  Dr. Praeger's sells a kids line of foods in the frozen foods section that I've always had good luck with.

Juliet, Daddy's little girl.
The Sandler men!



No comments:

Post a Comment